Pages

Friday, March 23, 2007

BONO SAYS READ IT!


Back in 1988, on my second read through of John Smith’s ‘On The Side Of The Angels’, I just knew, both John, (who at the time I’d never met) and God’s Squad would have a significant part to play in my life - here we are nearly two decades on as I head up God’s Squad in Europe and was ordained by John several years ago! What’s more, his story and the challenges regarding mission, church, the arts and justice made a huge impact on me then (and still do) and made a massive contribution in ‘sorting my head out’ when a lot of things seemed very confusing. ‘On The Side’ has been out of print for a number of years now, but has now been republished in Australia with an updated chapter and pictures including references to our work, musicians Sammy Horner, Martyn Joseph & also U2. We have the only supply of these new books available for sale in this country at moment, for £10 plus £2 p+p. Just drop us a note, (Exousia Trust, PO Box 437, Reading, RG30 3DF), with a cheque payable to ‘Exousia Trust’ and we’ll be glad to send one. (If the price seems a little high it’s because of the shipping costs from Australia).

"Truly a preacher to the convertible .. John Smith's message is for people who want to do more than just listen" - Bono, U2.

No comments: